Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Skywatcher Ruland R-MAK300 (12" f/10) Cassegrain

First prototype in 2014, then mention of it in 2016 then due for release in 2017 then gone quiet. Seems a bit strange that it would be just on that website. Seems a bit odd. 🤔

Edited by johninderby

23 minutes ago, JeremyS said:

That’s quite some central obstruction.

Specs says that it's only 35%, and it sort of looks like that in the image - it's about third of diameter, so I guess not that bad. Certainly better than my RC that has about 44%.

Officially the telescope doesn’t exist, though Synta are clearly beta testing one (perhaps the Austrian retailer knows one of the beta testers). It is not clear yet if it will come to market. 

HTH, 

Steve 

• 3 years later...

When I fully opened up my Evostar 150 box yesterday ( having undone the lid in OVL's carpark to let the clouds out in Woolpit rather than here at home )  I found a glossy product flyer within that had this 'scope amongst the products.

I can only assume that they had real intentions of making it to have it included in so many boxes , not sure of the date of the flyer and haven't checked the date of my OTA.