Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_beauty_night_skies.thumb.jpg.2711ade15e31d01524e7dc52d15c4217.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
ailsaran

just joined

:) I am somewhat of a novice but keen to get started & gain some experience. The forum is brilliant for advice and I expect to be posting a few questions soon. I have a meade 5" refractor & HEQ5 mount which I have not managed to use in a goto mode [still in the learning curve]. I just need to get out there and do my best.

Hi Ailsaran,

Good luck with the stargazing. I too have just started out. As you rightly say this forum is a great place to get help and advice.

Cheers,

Dan

Hello Ailsaran

welcome to SGl hope you enjoy your time with us here on the forum feel free to ask absolutley anything we are a very friendly bunch here and are more than happy to help if we can lots of very clever and experienced astronomers on here for you to tap into hope you enjoy using your scope.

By the way were are you from ?

wishing you a very happy new year dark skies and good seeing

regards Pete aka Timetraveller

Welcome to SGL! :) you'll get loads of help on the forum so feel free to ask questions as much as you like.

:) Hi pete, thanks. I am staying south of glasgow within reach of good dark skies.......I need to boost my confidence and get out and try to make things work. -4c at moment and colder to come!

Ian

Welcome Ian,

There are a load of us in your area. If you'd like to join us for an observing session sometime you'd be welcome. See link below.

Cheers

Paul

Hi Paul, thanks for your kind invitation. I will keep it in mind. I need to sort myself & my gear out and get a bit of practice in before I meet with others to make the most of a .That way I might ask the right sort of questions to get going.

Thanks again, Ian