Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

2020 Lyrid Meteor Shower - Timelapse

My first timelapse with the fisheye. The shower itself was a little lackluster for me, but I couldn't expect much living in a small city. I only caught a handful and only one or two of them were bright. Think some of the brighter objects towards the end were airplanes. Thought it was really cool to see the Milky Way starting to rise towards the end. Will definitely have to do more of these in the future even when there isn't a meteor shower and hopefully under darker skies.

ZWO ASI178MC
2.5mm fisheye
Captured with SharpCap Pro
7x1 hour sequences of 15s exposures
Gain 255
Combined and frame rate adjusted in PIPP

• Like 4

51 minutes ago, Ant said:

That is really smart. I like it a lot.

How did you keep dew away?

Ant

Didn't have to worry about it last night. Even though the humidity started out high, the dewpoint dropped to about 10-15C below ambient all night last night. I just had the camera screwed onto the top of a camera tripod and a mini PC in a Styrofoam cooler next to it. In the future I might invest in an allsky setup of some sort with a dome and integrated Raspberry Pi.