SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Experimenting with new processing for solar imaging.

Nigella Bryant

1 hour ago, Rocket Stars said:

What set up are this imaged with? 

I really hope I will get something like this out of my Daystar Scope. That is confirmed delivery tomorrow! 

I use a lunt 60mm double stack matched with a Zwo Asi 178mm. Driven on a Skywatcher Solarquest Mount on an Eq6 tripod. Also electronic focuser.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, richard ashbee said:

is this the tripod -Skywatcher Stainless Steel Tripod 2" For EQ6 - £145 and about £245 for the solar quest mount 

Looks very strong, need something sturdy with all the wind we get up here

Yes, it is Richard, very stable. You have to have the adapter plate too. I already had the eq6 tripod. The tripod of the Solarquest mount is very flimsy especially with the weight of the doubt stack.

10 hours ago, tooth_dr said:

Very nice images, super sharp!  I was looking for some text on how you did it!!  Maybe a trade secret? :D

Hi, will get my head around the new technique and write up a work flow in the next few days. I'll post under a new heading about processing solar images.

• Like 2