Narrowband

Leaving scope out overnight

Supernova74

Hi guys hope you are all keeping well and enjoying this streak of nice weather.Anyway I’ve often wounded as my current scope is a meade 12”LX90 ACF and time it has a moonlite focuser on etc is quite weighty even tho I do find the scope managble strength has never been an issue however after a long night observing session fatigue and tiredness kicks in unless you drink a gallon of red bull or coffee would it be ok to leave the scope out overnight if I used a couple of tarpaulin sheets over the scope with a few weights then following day unasemble then back into storage 

I have a pier mounted 'scope, so if the forecast is clear until morning I leave it imaging and let the software shut everything down, then cover up when I surface, else I'll park and chuck the Telegizmos cover over.

• Like 1

I too leave everything out overnight if I'm imaging and there's a good chance of capturing data.  But if there's rain forecast I close up before going to bed.  I haven't got my observatory roof automated yet.