Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

[PixInsight] Does my superbias look strange?

Hi everyone,

I took some fresh bias frames (200) yesterday, with my Atik 414EX mono, at -20 degrees. I followed Kayron's tutorial here: Light Vortex Astronomy on creating the master/superbias. His superbias looks nice and smooth, noiseless. Mine looks odd. I'm not sure it is odd, or just me. That nasty great black bar seems strange to me. 

Here is the stacked 'master' bias:

Screen Shot 2020-04-22 at 13.00.41.png

Here is the superbias (I reduced multiscale to 6, per the tutorial) stretched in 24 bit mode:

Screen Shot 2020-04-22 at 12.41.42.png

Has anyone had similar experiences? I did them in the afternoon, so it's possible some light got onto the sensor I guess. Is it worth retaking them?

Is there a quick way to compare? I calibrated the same master dark with my old superbias and this new one, then calibrated the same light sub with the master dark. There was no noticeable difference, but then I'm not sure how noticeable it would be?

Sorry for the barrage of new questions in such a short space of time.

Cheers
Joe

I have stopped using superbias.  I think it causes problems.  I have a dead column on my Atik 460 and the superbias (and dark with superbias subtracted) does not remove it. Regular Bias does.  I have read similar stories too.

• Like 1