Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Baade zoom and 2,25 Barlow?

Hi! 

I only own 1 eyepiece... the original Celestron 40mm plisse, that came with the edge 8. I works, but.. 

I have recently bought a Daystar Solarscope 60mm. And want to do some work with my real eyes too. :) 

Im thinking of the Baader as a good option? The kit with the Barlow is tempting. Seems you can use both Barlow and eyepiece for AP too. 

My observing will be planets and ofcoarse solar. 

There are "cheaper" variants out there. But do they compare to Baader? Price difference is quite big! (compared without Barlow) 

Or, should I get something else? 

Edited by Rocket Stars
spelling...

On 21/04/2020 at 18:35, Rocket Stars said:

Hi! 

I only own 1 eyepiece... the original Celestron 40mm plisse, that came with the edge 8. I works, but.. 

I have recently bought a Daystar Solarscope 60mm. And want to do some work with my real eyes too. :) 

Im thinking of the Baader as a good option? The kit with the Barlow is tempting. Seems you can use both Barlow and eyepiece for AP too. 

My observing will be planets and ofcoarse solar. 

There are "cheaper" variants out there. But do they compare to Baader? Price difference is quite big! (compared without Barlow) 

Or, should I get something else? 

I had it and still have it, but use it nowadays mostly for white solar. Baader Zoom and Hyperion barlow are a very versatile combination and will serve you in a range of scopes, mostly those with long focal ratio.

Zooms (and other complex design EPs) are NOT for Ha-alpha. I use plossls with my Quark and they are markedly better than some much more expensive EPs (25mm Vixen plossl is much much better than Panoptic 24).

So for Edge 8 Zoom will be fine and will also help you figure out your most used magnifications if you want to nail a particular magnification. Frankly, I rarely if ever went below 8mm in my C8.

For Ha-alpha just simple plosssl, that is what Daystar recommends, too.

• Like 1