Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

My first guided 10 minute sub image

beamer3.6m

This is my first ever guided image and I have now joined the 10 minute sub club :hello1:

The image is 5 subs of 2 x 10 mins, 2 x 5mins and 1 x 1min 30secs.

My post capture processing is not up to much and this will need to be improved so please feel free to have a play.

It was taken on the Explorer 200p at prime focus with the Canon 400d DSLR and was guided by way of the QHY5 on the C80ED with PHD.

Hope you like it! The diffraction spikes are all natural by the way.

11298_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

Nice one beamer...

Can you post an earlier pic almost straight after stacking (just lift the left hand side of the histogram to just below the left hand edge of the "data" - if theres a zero spike ignore it...) as ther are some things which needed to have been sorted earlier in the processing workflow...you did ask people to feel free to have a play :)

Billy...

well done on the first ten minute sub, really sharp guiding.

Do you have flats to go with these images?

i ask because if you were to apply some flats to that image you would end up with something that would have a real wow factor, trust me.

then you might find that your image processing is not as bad as you think.

well done mate

ally

Well, Beamer, that has the makings of a lovely M45: seeing as you offered the TIFF unprocessed for people to tinker with, I had a 'rough and ready' play, think I managed to pull out more of the lovely nebulosity, especially around Merope (lower left), but couldn't get rid of the vignetting gradient (I'm sure someone else will be along to show how it's done... :)). Anyway here you are for what it's worth as a quickie....

post-14835-133877352378_thumb.jpg

I wish I could get this post capture processing thing sorted.

I think I am too heavy handed and require instant results.

Can anyone provide a basic guide to processing on this kinda object.

Also, how do I take a Flat frame and can I take it now or is it too late etc etc etc etc etc etc etc

Archived