Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

Today we released version 0.20.1 of planetarium. Thank you very much to community for bug reports, feature requests and contributions!

Full list of changes:
- Added new language - Luxembourgish (lb)
- Added proper properties for Angle Measure plugin
- Added configurable colors for Angle Measure plugin
- Added GUI adaptations for Angle Measure plugin
- Added evaluates scripts in individual context (Scripting Engine)
- Added new planetary nomenclature
- Added use properties in Satellites plugin
- Added overloaded Labeling functions with colors specified as Vec3f (Scripting Engine)
- Added display proper file paths and line numbers on script errors (Scripting Engine)
- Added test for low precision hms time conversion function (GH: #1043)
- Added spiky stars option
- Added checkbox to the option settings in Script Console to clear the output text before a script is run
- Added implementation of telescope syncing in INDI client (GH: #1048)
- Added dirty flag, set by signal from QTextEdit (Script Console)
- Added code to set TAB stop width at 4 characters (Script Console)
- Added code to avoid losing names after Cancel in some QFileDialog (Script Console)
- Added implementation of FSM to tranfer properly between dirty/filename states on load, save, clear, edit, expand actions (Script Console)
- Added special case Catalogs/Other in GUI for objects without identifier (DSO Catalog v3.9)
- Added Oculus plugin (disabled by default; GH: #1056)
- Fixed ANGLE support for Windows package (GH: #1035, #1034)
- Fixed keyboard navigation in Oculars plugin (GH: #1036)
- Fixed Russian translation for Windows installer
- Fixed data blunder: severely wrong slope for upcoming comet (GH: #1033)
- Fixed flipping galactic/Supergalactic labels on Southern hemisphere (GH: #1028)
- Fixed translations 'Set FOV to XXX degrees' when language is changed
- Fixed possible segfault in SolarSystem class
- Fixed building Stellarium without scripting
- Fixed (restored) fading switch effect in Satellites plugin
- Fixed (inverted) realistic/iconic mode labeling in Satellites plugin
- Fixed (renamed) properties to better follow conventions in Satellites plugin
- Fixed visualization mode in Satellites plugin
- Fixed time conversion for low precision form (GH: #1042)
- Fixed jerking an animation of movement of Solar system bodies (GH: #1041)
- Fixed name for SH2-308 (DSO Catalog v3.9)
- Fixed filter properly objects by catalogs (DSO Catalog v3.9; GH: #1052) 
- Fixed few wrong objects in DSO catalog (DSO Catalog v3.9)
- Fixed WUI of Remote Control plugin
- Updated fix for ghost comet in ortographic projection issue (GH: #389)
- Updated list of contributors
- Updated code: simplified RegExp results handling
- Changed Vec3f& to Vec3f asreturn type for functions called from scripts in some classes (Scripting Engine)
- Re-implement getDecAngle, fixing some inconsistencies (GH: #1051)
- Removed Abell planetary nebulae catalog (DSO Catalog v3.9)

Binary packages you may download at https://stellarium.org website

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Hi, could you please let me know where I can find info in regards to the new change called "Added evaluates scripts in individual context (Scripting Engine)" ? In other words what does it do now and what doesn't it do anymore, because I'm experiencing issues with my scripts when trying this new release. Txs in advance and best regards.

• Like 1

Thank you Alexander!

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Joz_Man said:

Hi, could you please let me know where I can find info in regards to the new change called "Added evaluates scripts in individual context (Scripting Engine)" ? In other words what does it do now and what doesn't it do anymore, because I'm experiencing issues with my scripts when trying this new release. Txs in advance and best regards.

See changes for this: https://github.com/Stellarium/stellarium/commit/3f3422911dc0c69d72389025136c901a88a51651

Thank you

I'll try this as I've been having trouble with updating the comet plugin on the release I'm currently on.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By gstallichet
      I just bought a Celestron 8se.  Which planetarium/scope control software do you recommend, Stellarium or Celestron's Starry Nights,  and why?

• By pete_81
      Hi guys,
      With new mount and upgraded scope features, now looking to venture into imaging.
      Before I start, I'm not looking to get feedback on polar alignment, mono guidecam, better imaging cameras, etc; this is more a 'dummies guide' setup discussion! I'm not expecting to get great images at this stage, just more the options available, getting over some issues, so that I can jump outside on a clear night with an ideal, foolproof(!), setup for either imaging or visual as time would permit and what may work best for me. As you may guess from the topic name, I'm a mac user (Macbook Pro) and would rather keep to this if possible (whilst I do have Windows (and Ubuntu) via parallels, I'd rather not use these).
      I've got a setup which has worked well for visual, and obviously want to have a couple of 'staple' setups that I can use depending on expectations of night observing or imaging. So far, the best one for me has been the Skywatcher Wifi Synscan controller, which has worked a treat with my Android phone - I use the Synscan app to complete alignment and GOTO stars/planets/DSO etc, or Stellarium_plus after completing alignment. This removes the need for the Synscan Handset and any USB cables to the mount altogether. But I don't know if this will work for guiding.
      That then brings me to my issue on mac - connecting USB(A) between Macbook and Handset, I've attempted to control the mount through Stellarium. Trying each of the available connections (/dev/tty.usbsetial-1420, /dev/cu.usbsetial-1420, and just for sake of it, the /dev/tty.Bluetooth-Incoming-Port and /dev/cu.Bluetooth-Incoming-Port) in the dropdown menu under DeviceSettings/SerialPort, I cannot get the mount to connect (well, more like selecting the telescope and clicking the "Start" on the TelescopeControl just results in the spinning icon and I have to Force-Quit Stellarium and start again with the same result each time. Annoyingly (for fellow mac users!), Parallels/Windows/Stellarium connects and controls the mount fine! As the mount is the newer "pro" type, I also have a USB connection directly under the hand-controller RJ45 and AutoGuider ST4 sockets, but using this still results in the same issue. Another issue I have seen is that when I unplug the USB from the computer when connected to the handset, the date on the controller jumps significantly - for example, last night at ~23:30, I was transported through the local wormhole galaxy to Jan 2048 according to Synscan! Obviously unplugging isn't going to happen during a genuine session, but just wondering if this is a possible issue somewhere?!
      Any other mac users connecting USB directly to the SW 'Pro' mounts?
      Software wise, would folks generally suggest steering away from Stellarium towards KStars or SkySafari(Plus) for controlling the mount?
      Can the Wifi dongle be used for controlling mount from computer (any OS) or do I need to go USB either to handset or directly to mount?
      Is there an issue in using Mac USB to the telescope compared to 'straight' Windows (i.e. PC/laptop with Windows instead of virtual)?
      Anyway, back to topic... I've a Nikon DSLR to use for primary camera at this stage, which would be triggered independently from guiding software. PHD2 is my hopeful choice of guiding software (is EKOS with KStars similar?), with T7C guide-camera on 240mm f/4 guidescope, and at this stage, I can confirm PHD2 at least connects to the camera on OS-X. There is an ST4 port on the camera, but having read several topics, I think I want to pulse-guide directly - is this correct or is ST4 best for this setup? This sorta comes back to software and connections - my understanding is one of the following cable setups for guiding (as a minimum) :
      Guiding-camera => USB(A) => Macbook => PHD2 => USB(A) => SynscanHandset => AZEQ6
      Guiding-camera => USB(A) => Macbook => PHD2 => USB(A) => AZEQ6
      Guiding-camera => USB(A) => Macbook => PHD2 => Wifi => SynscaWifi Adapter on AZEQ6
      [using ST4: ST4_on_AZEQ6 => Guiding-camera => USB(A) => Macbook => PHD2] (no additional connections needed if ST4 is used)
      Additionally, I'd like to use an observatory package, say Stellarium/KStars/SkySafari, to select objects and drive the mount, then use guiding software to keep good 'tracking'.
      Where in this train does EQMac fit in, or when is it used?
      What about the 2019 addition to EQMod (ASCOM Alpaca)? Can this be used or is it already in other packages?!
      For Windows users, how does EQMod fit in (if I go down route of getting Windows laptop for controlling things, is the setup similar to above?
      There may be bits in the above that repeat, and for that, I'm sorry, just want to get across the message that I'm new to the guiding but haven't quite settled down into the software/hardware I'm expecting to use for 'goto' and 'guiding'
      TLDR:
      For a mac user, what setup and software are folks using for guiding and observatory softwares for the newer USB-on-mount 'AZEQ6/EQ6-R Pro' mounts from SW?
    • By deflatedfruit
      I'm trying to set up Stellarium with my cameras (Canon EOS 1300D and a Canon EOS 2000D) and my telescope (Celestron NexStar 127SLT). I think I've found the correct values for everything like focal length and sensor size etc... but the FoV in Stellarium it is different to what I actually see. I've attached screenshots of the settings, as well as the predicted image and an image I captured using the EOS 1300D and the Celestron NexStar 127SLT (it's not very good, I know).
      Any help would be much appreciated. (And I apologise if I've posted this in the wrong place - I'm new)

• By alexwolf
      Today we published a fresh weekly snapshot of Stellarium (v0.20.2.18140): https://github.com/Stellarium/stellarium-data/releases/tag/beta
      And we need some feedback from users. At the moment we need to know your opinion about changes in 2 plugins - Satellites and Oculars. Of course we'll accept your opinion about changes in other parts of the planetarium too, but those 2 plugins in our focus.
      Thanks for your attention and testing.
    • By RobertK
      I've always used the web version, but since I got the telescope I decided to install the full desktop version. I managed to save my setup and eyepieces etc.
      Things that I unable to save and not sure whether I should be able to:
      - start in Windowed mode
      - fixed both settings and viewing bars bottom left corner
      - Object information - I set my 'Customised' options, but after relaunching the app they are lost_
      - basic stuff like date format, start-up time (default to 10pm)
      - I think I can say that NONE of the Configuration [F2] settings save
      - Sky and viewing options window [F4] - NONE of the options changed here save between sessions
      The only thing that saves is .. my location.
      Am I missing a plugin, some sort of trick to save those, should I reinstall or does Stellarium simply not save these F2 and F4 settings between sessions?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.