SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Is there anything that can be done to stop this Starlink satellite project?

pblackwell

Even if every stargazer in the UK signed the petition it would make NO difference. Space X answers to US agencies not online petitions and there is alot of money to be made. It will also push advances in satellite thruster technology and the falcon launch rocket. Private businesses like space X need to be actively developing if we are going to make it to mars in my lifetime.

Also as said above it is not pointless. Oh the irony of so many people complaining about starlink on an online astronomy forum.

I'd rather it wasnt happening but I can totally understand why it is. Imagine the uproar when thousands upon thousands of monstrous metal electricity pilons were built criss-crossing the entire green countryside of the UK. But we wouldnt live without that network now, our day to day lives are built around it.

• Like 5