Narrowband

Hickson 44 - first light with Celestron EdgeHD 1100

gorann

Hickson 44 (HCG 44) is a group of galaxies in the constellation Leo. As Arp 316, a part of this group is also designated as group of galaxies in the Atlas of Peculiar Galaxies.

It is a bit embarrasing that my first light with this biggish SCT comes four years after I bought it from OPT in San Diego while I was visiting friends in Anchorage. I brought it back in the check-in luggage (scary!). At least at the time this scope was much cheaper in the US than over here, and that was probably the major reason for why I bought it back then. The scope survived the luggage handling, but I must have been to attached to my refractors since this SCT never ended up on my mount until now. Collimation was essentially spot on from start and I am rather pleased with the first light. Caught over two days as astro darkness is soon gone up here.

Data: EdgeHD11" with dedicated 0.7x reducer (= f/7 FL 1960 mm). 105 x 3 min (5.25 hours) with ASI071 at gain 200. One Mesu 200 with Celestron OAG and Lodestar X2.

20200416-19 NGC3187&Co Edge11 PS35smallSign.jpg

• Like 3