Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Leo Quartet / Hickson 44 group

Tommohawk

Well I finally managed to grab some luminance to add to my RGB and quite pleased with the result.

In the past my Lum subs with the refractor have been hopeless due to the wide band of the ZWO Lum filter and poorly corrected colour from the doublet/reducer combo - much better with the reflector. Once I'd sorted out my superheated secondary and related aberrations, and notwithstanding a cable tangle after meridian flip costing me 30 frames, I ended up with 100 60sec subs toadd to the RGB I had already.

I think the processing is about right, though the lum seem a bit noisy. I created separate star, galaxy, and background layers but TBH the galaxies could really have each had their own layer as they're all a bit different. But the layered file is already best part of 1 GB so time to stop I think! 

Happy as ever to receive comment / criticism.

1917480000_LeoQcropLRGB.thumb.png.3da99c00cb6860c02aa3cc1a84f9abad.png

• Like 6