SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

New ioptron cem 70?

newbie alert

19 hours ago, newbie alert said:

It's the only niggle I've heard of  from users/owners

Yes and i heard about complaints,caused by the eq6rpro, from jealousy among heq5 pro users.  At least one case in the netherlands

On 22/05/2020 at 08:24, FLO said:

IOptron have contacted us. The new CEM70 is closer to release than we thought. 
It appears the CEM60 will be discontinued 🙁 
The CEM70 will be added to our website later today. 

HTH

Any update FLO on this being added to your website?

19 minutes ago, Autoglassman said:

Any update FLO on this being added to your website?

Sorry. I will finish the product listing tomorrow. Sales of astronomy equipment during the lockdown are at record levels. Higher even than Christmas! So we are all working overtime in dispatch and on the helpdesk

Steve 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, FLO said:

Sorry. I will finish the product listing tomorrow. Sales of astronomy equipment during the lockdown are at record levels. Higher even than Christmas! So we are all working overtime in dispatch and on the helpdesk

Steve 

That’s really god to hear Steve, about being  exceptionally busy, always good for business.

On 28/05/2020 at 21:10, FLO said:

Steve 

Lol we dont hope for a second😕wave but for some its very very good😎

On 28/05/2020 at 20:10, FLO said:

Steve 

Hi Flo, what’s he latest please? Just need to spend the pennies before the Mrs does 😁 thanks

Richard.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Autoglassman said:

Hi Flo, what’s he latest please? Just need to spend the pennies before the Mrs does 😁 thanks

Richard.

I admire your persistence Richard 👍😊

Looking at coming in around 2.3k for the basic version and 2.6k for the guide / usb3 version.

I’ll be interested to see first reports of it performance.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Gorr_77 said:

In stock:

They do not have stock. They are only listing it. Though I guess that is one step further than us at the moment... 

We have several of both CEM70 models on order.

We will post an update as soon as we know they have been released from the factory. 

HTH, 

Steve 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Autoglassman said:

I have nothing against AltairAstro whatsoever but all my equipment, shopping experiences, help, support, communication and guidance has been exceptional from FLO, so they will always have my my custom.

good for you....:)

• Thanks 1

On 04/06/2020 at 21:45, Neil27 said:

I admire your persistence Richard 👍😊

Looking at coming in around 2.3k for the basic version and 2.6k for the guide / usb3 version.

I’ll be interested to see first reports of it performance.

Thanks Neil, it’s a long story but I’ve been in preference for an updated mount to become available with usb3, the fact that it has a built in guider and comes with WiFi on the the G model makes it even more appealing. I too am looking forward to some initial reports especially regarding the I guider .

Personally I didn't need or want Wi-Fi, usb3 or a 120mm built in guidescope so can't see the point of paying £650 more for the basic model than what a cem 60 is..

Maybe 10lb extra payload, 5mm bigger gears but less teeth and in black  warrents the extra £650..

Think they got it wrong

On 05/06/2020 at 12:27, FLO said:

We have several of both CEM70 models on order.

We will post an update as soon as we know they have been released from the factory. 

Both the new iOptron CEM70 models will be in stock at our warehouse within a week 🙂 

I really must add it to our website... 😳

HTH, 

Steve 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I’m a bit disappointed that IOptron only saw fit to put USB 3.0 on the more expensive G model, it’s a lot of extra cash to pay for the G model if you only wanted USB 3.0, extra, I think they may have messed up here big time.... ☹️

• 2 weeks later...
On 13/06/2020 at 09:35, FLO said:

Both the new iOptron CEM70 models will be in stock at our warehouse within a week 🙂 

I really must add it to our website... 😳

HTH, 

Steve 

Flo, Steve, where is it? 😳 😁