Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

All sky camera images thread

Every so often I have a lovely meteor on my all sky camera and wonder if others have also picked it up also.  I was thinking of starting this thread, as an opportunity for owners of ASCs, to share images and timelapses that have captured something such as a meteor or other interesting phenomena.  If you include the date and time of the capture it would alert others to it and then can check their own data to see if they captured it, and in turn post their images of it.  My ASC runs every night and manages the files itself via AllSkyEye software (thanks!), and although I check it, I am sure I miss things.  This would be like a network to highlight potentially missed interesting data to others.

I'll start it off with this one: 16/04/202 00:28

Thanks in advance

Adam.

-2020-04-16T01-28-06-804-meteor.jpg

• Like 11

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

A short video from last night just showing the MW between the clouds.

I moved my all sky camera, and only got round to connecting 12v to it.  It misted up every night without the dew heater connected, but last night it worked perfectly, so definitely need to keep it heated all the time.

• Like 5

Not strictly an all sky camera as it wasn't fixed in place but I stuck my EOS M50 with Meike 6.5mm fisheye on the roof of my car in the middle of nowhere in Central France last week controlled with Cascable on my iPad for a temporary arrangement.

IMG_0560.JPG

• Like 7

40 minutes ago, haitch said:

Not strictly an all sky camera as it wasn't fixed in place but I stuck my EOS M50 with Meike 6.5mm fisheye on the roof of my car in the middle of nowhere in Central France last week controlled with Cascable on my iPad for a temporary arrangement.

IMG_0560.JPG

Thats xcellent, thanks for sharing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, haitch said:

IMG_0560.JPG

Oh yes you have the comet in an all sky image. That’s the first I’ve seen! Amazing!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, festoon said:

Oh yes you have the comet in an all sky image. That’s the first I’ve seen! Amazing!

I'm a bit raging too that I didnt have mine running properly as I would have almost certainly picked it up.  Good spot though, I didnt think to look for it.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 9 months later...

I got a reply from Dunsink Observatory in Dublin via Nemetode Meteor Group, and they also recorded the same event, albeit through the clouds.  It was NNW for them and SSW for me, so it looks like the meteor passed between us.  I find that fascinating.

FF_IE0002_20221009_043435_208_0552960.png

Image preview

Edited by tooth_dr
  • Like 3

On 11/10/2022 at 08:01, tooth_dr said:

Sunday morning 4:34am - looks like a nice terminal flash?

16E52E75-B640-4ED9-9033-D6B8C3F43F2D.jpeg

Classic fireball with terminal flash IMO. Looks like quite a large one too. There seem to have been quite a few of these over the last few months. My own cameras keep catching them!

• Like 1