sgl_imaging_challenge_2021_annual.thumb.jpg.3fc34f695a81b16210333189a3162ac7.jpg

ATIK 414ex Mono issue!

1666297548_CameraIssue.thumb.jpg.cade6785edcead72168b43b504d908e5.jpg

Camera is an ATIK 414ex mono

Two weeks ago I had the camera and scope out for photographing the Fish head nebula, and managed a successful session with no issues.

Past few nights I have been photographing the Heart Nebula, and noticed that the image had a few curved black lines through it, they morphed over time, but eventually vanished. However I am noticing that I've got this pattern to the right of the image, that whilst the noise varies, you can see it's leaving a distinct impression on the image. This is a single 1 second sub to show the noise. Though it shows up on the 20-30 minute exposures I have been using, the white in the right third of the image is just a star.

Any thoughts as to what could cause this change in behaviour? Nothing about my configuration has changed compared to the last imaging sessions. Really hoping not, but suspect the camera has developed a fault. 

• Sad 1