Narrowband

I am having problems on erecting eyepiece 1.5x.

So I'm having some issues recently and have a lot of questions for the erecting eyepiece 1.5x. I want to know if they are useful, better, and i also want to know if they have a lot of detail in them. How do you use a erecting eyepiece? What is it for? When can i use it? Also my issue is when I try to use an erecting eyepiece on a star it is out of focus and cant seem to find the right focus.  yesterday I had tried on sirius but it just showed me a huge ball of light. Any help and tips will be appreciated.

The 1.5x erecting eyepiece turns the image to a fully corrected (ie: up, down, left and right as our eyes see it) view as well as acting as a 1.5x image amplifier. It is intended for terrestrial viewing rather than astro observing I believe.

• Thanks 1

Erecting eyepieces have their uses, but not many for astronomical use. The main purpose of the eyepiece is to allow you to use a telescope designed for viewing astronomical objects at night during the daytime for viewing of terrestrial objects. Astro telescopes give an inverted image, which is probably not ideal for daytime use, so the erecting eyepiece corrects this giving an upright image. Using this type of eyepiece at night serves no use because a star would look the same through either type of eyepiece. 

1 minute ago, Cornelius Varley said:

Erecting eyepieces have their uses, but not many for astronomical use. The main purpose of the eyepiece is to allow you to use a telescope designed for viewing astronomical objects at night during the daytime for viewing of terrestrial objects. Astro telescopes give an inverted image, which is probably not ideal for daytime use, so the erecting eyepiece corrects this giving an upright image. Using this type of eyepiece at night serves no use because a star would look the same through either type of eyepiece. 

So, if I want to observe something at daytime I use the erecting eyepiece? What should I observe at daytime? 

P.S: Sorry for the weird questions, I am very new to this.

Just now, Camalajs525 said:

So, if I want to observe something at daytime I use the erecting eyepiece? What should I observe at daytime? 

Precisely. Many budget telescopes are sold with an erecting eyepiece, giving the buyer the impression that they are getting something extra. The erecting eyepieces have prisms built into then to invert the image, but the extra air/glass surfaces degrade the image. After a short while you will soon get use to viewing an inverted/flipped image so the eyepiece will get lost at the bottom of the eyepiece case.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Camalajs525 said:

P.S: Sorry for the weird questions, I am very new to this.

Not astronomical targets. Landscapes, ships at sea, distant animals and birds. That sort of thing.

• Like 1