Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Review - Opticron Adventurer 10x50

RobH2020

Hi all,

Just thought I'd give a review of some binoculars I purchased recently - the Opticron Adventurer 10x50 T WP 10x50, currently being sold for £79 by our sponsor.

Straight out the box they feel really quality - excellent handfeel in terms of materials, size and weight. Eyepieces feel nice on the face.

Viewing out of them is wonderful. I'm by no means an experienced observer so can't say anything technical, but I didn't notice any aberations - stars appeared as points with no distortions. They're such a handy size for grabbing and going, and holding to your face. I've always had a very minor tremor, not noticeable in everyday life but noticeable when using binoculars so I'll need to get a monopod or something for them - but my wife had no problem holding them steady to her face.

They have a very narrow minimum pupillary distance - my eyes are closer together than most, so this was my #1 criteria for purchasing, and it works great. 

Very minor gripe is that the eyepiece covers don't stay put as well as they might when you're putting them away, feel a bit concerned I might lose them. The covers for the lens end can be a little tricky to get into the barrels. But these aren't enough concern for me to not recommend them. 

Well that's about all I can say. Overall would heartily recommend these for anyone looking to spend under £100.

Cheers,
Rob

jtVZtEfR8B-is9D372IzAdbj6fz72IhJraC6HIeqVohksK2U4pQYgvGtb5OlBX_EFSAOdw012t4T1eA5cwaZSFLy7aAH5jV4IdcMjGZWkVhBBmz7Z0e9wVzusyhvLTPJPhQA7P0yepeODjZ5au-TanTIz03NPYqe4TGGKl34oH9bhzmI_f47O5BHUIPUmwmrc9c4Get8qgfD7fwUXxNIsxrugra-e-i4uSBc9stcACyglT6i-qMgF7ieKpmskKRR9x-Cr4tQH01_4Ja-iM92aheffDt5KAXpzlWATEBOfv_QPmSjij2RwTcRlMJVQ9OEFIOhx3ck6HAixCXUQ2SYG6phCBqP2HbnPdCNCFwk48Nl_Jei-WjAgNTXvMOUq70c_I7S5GeozCkcXgewztQdoibFuyoLQ1Tg_r9RwVd9ZGH2q4x4fkULM3j8spct_Q5Nxhz-Lf6AOusqRyY4_i0abdDLlhYIT3yG6wkj3lHQ2ovuZY_Ok1gIFoBpWeGWH0CWPKocZuyIu3TcE2serdASfSuBHkp_kCUEhWV47J0AgshYjrCL7mIEW-nK8oQfJsEKUt4mBavTCk6DEgGn0p-Gka252JEfOwQfM2j2o1nbzMaDvYAIBZBSwp4fNubkf7V0dHCR_fJ59-KYHB-sH_h8qZVfnHyLaPF1pjpZygmtsEcJtPEalOAkwcjLp1neFXA=w592-h790-no

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...