Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

PHD2 graph - Comments please

• 3 months later...
On 12/04/2020 at 02:41, malc-c said:

The mount is belt driven (I was messing about with belt conversions in 2011, and effectively proved the concept before Dave from Rowans used his CNC to make the kits we see in the shops).  The ratio is 4:1 and this has been selected in the "driver" set up (but will confirm tomorrow).  PA was done using Sharpcap as shown above.  Once the first target was synced in CdC goto's have been spot on (from park to star two nights in a row).  If the belts were slipping (which they are not) or the ratio was out then Goto would be way out.

Hi, 
just wondering; ratio 4:1 driver setup? 
I've belt modded my EQ6, but havent changed any mount-settings in EQmod. should i? how? and to what?

2 hours ago, masjstovel said:

Hi, 
just wondering; ratio 4:1 driver setup? 
I've belt modded my EQ6, but havent changed any mount-settings in EQmod. should i? how? and to what?

As mentioned I was messing about "developing" a belt drive, and has to use off the shelf pulleys, which gave me a 4:1 ratio.  The current commercial kits made by Dave over at Rowan Astronomy are machined to give the same ratio as the factory gear set so there is no need to change this.  Doing so will screw up your slews and tracking

• Like 1