SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Rosette Nebula in Bicolor

Danon

Hi, this will be my first topic at DSO, and also my first completed image from Narrowband. Frames taken in bortle 6 in Poland. About 4h in Ha and 4h in OIII. Im still learning and tries to make my own workflow.

All comments are welcome :)

Equipment is
Astro-tech 65Q
HEQ5
Atik 460EX mono and Baader filters. 

Lucas

Rozeta-Bi2.jpg

Edited by Danon
  • Like 26

I like it a lot and agree with everything said. In addition, I am impressed by the stars - you have avoided the dark rings around them that is often seen in NB images when the star sizes differ between the colour channels. Apparently you managed to match the star sizes perfectly.

Edited by gorann

That really is a very fine image indeed, love the definition in the string of Bok globules along the lower edge.

2 hours ago, Knight of Clear Skies said:

One thing I wonder about these late-stage star-forming nebulae, does the oxygen concentrate in the middle because it's more massive than hydrogen and less easily expelled by stellar winds?

I think  it's because the [OIII] line, coming from doubly ionised oxygen needs higher energy UV than the singly ionised HII or [SII] lines.

• Like 1