SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

A go at the Horsehead...

James

Got the chance to escape the family on Boxing Day/Night and spent some hours in the back garden freezing my imaging. I thought I'd give the Horsehead a go and mindful of some good advice to get more subs I also did some time on the Crab.

It's just the Horsehead I'm posting for now however with thanks to SteveL for some processing! (in his words: "about 5-10 minutes extremely basic processing").

The image is from 6x 10 minutes subs in Ha through our SXV-H9 and WO FLT110 using an Astronomik Ha filter. Guiding was done using a Lodestar through a Megrez 72.

11242_normal.jpeg (click to enlarge)

James

Nice one James but why isn't there a link to the SteveL device? I'd be interested in buying one.

There's a distinct shortage of the SteveL device I'm afraid :laugh:

Boy i wish i had written down some "James Visual Only" quotes 6 months ago :):p

There was no shortage of them was there :oops: .

Thanks for the comments folks - it's hard to describe the feeling of seeing an image pop up on the screen that you've spent a while freezing your butt off to get... but then you all know about that of course!

I've also had an expert mentor in the shape of SteveL to answer all the silly questions!

James

Good to see you posted it James :)

Boy i wish i had written down some "James Visual Only" quotes 6 months ago :laugh::lol:

A while back, when we were preparing to launch FLO's imaging section, we discussed the importance of us having first-hand knowledge of the process and the kit. James regularly reminded me that he was a visual observer but would give it a go. Now look at him :p

SteveL has been fantastic, behind the scenes he has been guiding us through the imaging jungle, we are fortunate and grateful for his continued support :salute: :lol:

James, I don't know what it is, but for some reason I have to keep coming back to look at that image. It's ethereal qualities seem to draw me into the picture.

Fantastic first attempt, and that's from an observer.

James, I don't know what it is, but for some reason I have to keep coming back to look at that image. It's ethereal qualities seem to draw me into the picture.

Fantastic first attempt, and that's from an observer.

at the moment ZOG ... at the Moment......... welcome to my parlour said the spider to the fly.... :)

Archived