Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

stargazine_ep29_banner.thumb.jpg.da7f3b163f7bd35187cb558b0346baf6.jpg

Another clear night and so another HADS star

V799Aur-Apr2020-chart.jpeg.193fafa48743840bec1821ef1d4ddcd4.jpeg

Dave

• Like 3

Are you after some record ir another?  Great work. Interesting lumps and bumps do you know why? Not an area I have looked into.

Regards Andrew 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, andrew s said:

Are you after some record ir another?  Great work. Interesting lumps and bumps do you know why? Not an area I have looked into.

Regards Andrew 

No record, just keeping myself occupied during this crisis. I cannot go out for anything else. If the sky is clear then why not?!!

The lumps and bumps are due to to it being multi-periodic.  If you add two (or more) regular curves of different frequencies together you can get shapes like this.

By the way, did you attend the BAAVSS - AAVSO meeting in 2018 and sit in the middle of the second row in the group photo, then you are next to me with Jeremy on my other side?

Dave

• Like 1

@Dave Smith I certainly did attend and gave a talk. Can't seem to find the photo but sounds about right. Can you post or point me to a copy?

Thanks for the explanation. 

Regards Andrew 

• Like 1