Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Poor few months

2STAR

Its not been good for a while with all the bad weather, been a couple of half decent nights in March and same April, I have done some visual and was out for a an hour or so each time. Unfortunately due to the current pandemic I have not received my new Astro Camera from FLO, still, its a little price to pay considering what some folk are having to go through, and I suppose it puts things in perspective all round, hope everyone is well and see you all soon hoping.

Eric

• 3 weeks later...

Just catching up with everyone Eric. 

Weather has been nice with some good nights of late even though astronomical darkness is short. 

I've not had the scope out as it's not really good skies whilst confined to home during these virus restricted days.

Hope everyone is fit and well and staying safe.

Damian 

Hi Damian, yes its been a strange year all round I think, I miss going to a reasonable dark sight, shame no one wants to go to Winscar anymore, I know the sky had got poorer there over last 2 year and some undesirables hanging around ( not wadas lol), I liked Sutton Bank, bit further but  not bad, I am a bit concerned going to the site at Towton as we dont have permission and it is private land, anyway, lets wait and see how things develop later this year.

Stay safe

eric

• Thanks 1

Hi Eric

I've been upto winscar a couple of times in the last 6 months.

I had a couple of hours up there but the viewing wasn't good so decided to pack in. When I left I got to the top of the hill and could see quite a thick layer of mist over everything so explained why I had bad views.

Last time I got there it was on the evening of total lockdown as I set off just before the announcement to do a dusk timelapse. 

All the car parks were blocked off with concrete blocks so I did a little with the camera but decided to head home. 

Sutton bank is where I head now as I have a good spot up there which I've used for years. 

Been some nice nights lately and with the lack of planes in the sky less intrusion from scattered light it's been nice even though no one can travel.

Never been to towton but I'd rather travel that bit further and head for sutton bank. I still have your number Eric so will give you a shout the next time we get the chance to go out (not really sure when all this will be over?) But for me the season is over until August. 

Hi Damian, yes, the sky is not good for us at this time of year,  if you give me a shout I will be happy to go up to Sutton Bank with you anytime.

Stay safe

eric