Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

As #497 {g} not doing right

I've been working with Meade products since I learned to image the night sky. I've looked on the Weasner and the STARPATCH sites and cannot find a patch or anything for my model #, does it make that much of a difference to use {GG} or {EG}. The problem started when trying the AS on a new lx85 which I no longer have.  I performed sugery on my lxd55 after the {the saddles female screw hole broke. Repaired it with Loctite and JBweld but, I'm not going to put  27# weight on it like I did before with my newt. I put the time and date in and when I select "Enter" on daylight savings it starts pulsing and stops when I select easy align , it slews to the target area correctly but, when I try to center on the alignment star it keeps pulsing right on past and doesn't stop . What should I do , I'm lost . HELP PLEASE ?

Unless you believe the 497 to have been corrupted, I would postpone any upgrades until you have it working correctly with the mount.

If you have been swapping the 497 between different mounts you will need to select the correct mount in the Telescope menu.

The LXD 55 and LX85 may be geared the same, but worth checking that menu.

Otherwise the tracking rate and goto slew durations will be incorrect.

Overshooting when centreing an alignment star can be reduced by the Train Drives procedure.

But if you mean the overshoot goes on and on, then this is possibly due to a poor power supply to the mount.

Batteries under slewing load can drop substantially in voltage, as can a poor quality or unregulated mains power supply.

Michael

Thank you Michael , I was out last night running a starpatch again and once again it came a downpour , I covered the rig with plastic and it never got completed at 1030pm est . The good thing is it stopped pulsing but, that's not saying that it's not going to again  . I'm going to bring it inside and test it out , we've got 20% possible showers today and I'm not taking the chance again. My new NEAF Celestron AVX should arrive Tuesday . I was swapping between the lxd55 and trying to get the lx85 to perform correctly , I did a reset to " telescope model to lxd55/75 /105  because it doesn't have an 80 in the list of models in the AS .

Edited by stepping beyond

Do you have an autostar or an audiostar? 

Good thing using StarPatch instead of Meade ASU to update. Meade changed the Audiostar chips but ASU continued to load old firmware which bricked the audiostar......... 

Still not clear to me whether the LX85 uses a 497 or Audiostar and whether they are compatible. 

Michael 

Edited by michael8554

They're both Autostar 497 , The lxd55 uses that latest 497 {g} for the lxd models and the lx85/75 without the belt drives uses the autostar 497 ep  with audiostar that has the talk feature . According to Meade they both will work as long as the Autostar will plug into the control panel but, maybe the 497 {g} isn't forward compatible with the lx models. I've got nothing but, frustration from this mount since I used it with the lx85 mount.