Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

stargazine_ep21_banner.thumb.jpg.d744e66b98367f1c5d57b7966c303f1b.jpg

Hi,

I and my girlfriend are now drawing plans to catch the comet C/2019 Y4 Atlas on photo. It's just a few weeks until it reach it's maxima for us living in the Northern hemisphere. We belive there are a lot of others that plan to do the same. We use my travel mount Star Adventurer and two cameras with telephoto lenses, a bit overloaded but easy to bring to a dark place.

I have updated my comet page with examples that belong to this comet. Maybe could be interesting or of some help for you ? UK isn't far away from Sweden and the circumstances not to different from ours in Sweden.

http://www.astrofriend.eu/astronomy/tutorials/tutorial-comet-photography-planning/tutorial-comet-photography-planning.html

I have also this comet related page that I wrote long time ago:

http://www.astrofriend.eu/astronomy/tutorials/tutorial-find-comets/tutorial-find-comets.html

We wish all of you a clear sky and that you get nice photos of the comet !

Lars and Gunilla

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

Sad to read that the comet Atlas was broken apart. But now there is a new comet, Swan. Maybe better luck this time. I have made some sky charts over the area with help of CdC. The place is Sweden.

http://www.astrofriend.eu/astronomy/tutorials/tutorial-comet-photography-planning/tutorial-comet-photography-planning.html

/Lars

Edited by Astrofriend

Yes it will stay very low, but it will be back in August if I understand it correct.

/Lars

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now