Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

NGC 7023 - Iris - 2020-04-04

discardedastro

I took the data from this project:

and combined it with another night's worth of data, captured largely unattended overnight last night on the same rig - details in that thread.

I kept processing simpler this time, but stuck with the super luminance strategy. Total was 30x300 L, about 20x300 R, G, B. No deconvolution this time, and masking only used in the final colour saturation adjustment pass. Denoised and DBE'd masters before a final DBE pass after background normalisation and PCE.

NGC7023-2020-04-v2.thumb.jpg.b01d28ba0c62d57aa76a1536acd84a76.jpg

Definitely a cleaner image than the last, and the detail in the core started to come through without deconvolution. I was a bit more creative with curve adjustment to try and normalise the core a bit (plus a very light pass of local histogram transformation) but at 300s the star is pretty bloated and won't get much smaller, I don't think.

Edited by discardedastro
s/PCC/deconvolution/, derp
  • Like 5