Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

It's been while

F137CHA

I fell out love with astrophotography a while ago and had stored all of my gear away and not looked at or touched it in about 4 years. But last week whilst clearing out the rubbish from various hard drives I stubbled across some old capture data of M13. I decided what the heck let's process it and see what I can do these days knowing a little more about editing. It went very well and I can now say I have the bug again. So I'm currently sat out in my garden capturing as much data as I can tonight from M101. After many issues getting the rig going again after so long. I have the whole thing running of a raspberry pi. So far it's going well other than my guide camera not playing ball so I'm risking it and going unguided.

IMG_20200404_232209_448.jpg

• Like 4

Thank you I'm hoping to get a much one soon if and when my new guiding setup turns up. Could be while with the world in it's present state of chaos. The scope is a Williams optics megrez 72 had a few quite a years now it's lovely little things. 

Edited by F137CHA

Hi everyone?

Sorry to hijack this thread but I cant figure out how to start a new topic in a group.

I notice the south wales group has the most members 👏

I have been stargazing for 10 years or so, been living in Gower, south wales for 3 years now. Really enjoying the skies compared to living in Birmingham.

Hope to connect with other local people too. Does this group ever meet? If not it will at least be nice to compare experiences with others in the same part of the world.

Had a great night on Monday and chose Leo as my target. Saw the triplet as well as M105, 66 and 65. A quick hop to coma berenices for the black eye galaxy and a quick globular.

Really enjoyed although maybe expected a little more in detail from my 8inch newt. Perhaps expecting too much or maybe it wasnt quite a s clear as I thought.

Anyway! Nice to be part of the group ✌