Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Skywatcher WiFi dongle issues

krobbo

Hi everyone. 

Techie question!

I'm just wondering if anybody has resolved the problem with the Skywatcher Wi-Fi dongle connection issues? I've read the thread on here from Proto star but it didn't resolve my issue?

I bought one second hand for a few quid (I know, buying second hand!!) from a fellow astronomer who said he had no issues with it.

I'm trying to connect it to a NEQ6 Pro mount, I'm using the handset cable as instructed, trying to connect it to the Synscan Pro app using a good android phone, tablet & even a laptop.

The devices are seeing the dongle but it comes up as  ESP_1FFE179 which I think is the actual dongle chipset as, if it's like my AZ GTi mount, it should read Synscan xxxx.

I've tried the 24 hour on reset but with no luck. I think it needs the firmware update, at least that would give me a 1 hour reset time!!

Anybody come across a fix for this please? Or do I just have to accept it's bricked?

Appreciate any help!!!