Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Baader Morpheus Eyepiece Accessory

Jiggy 67

Hi all

as a result of advice on this forum and a bit of research, I’ve just taken delivery of a 17.5mm Morpheus eyepiece and what a well presented eyepiece it is!!

One question though.. can anyone tell me what is the little steel object in the box, looks like a little tab like object, what is it’s purpose? It’s not mentioned in the enclosed booklet 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Jiggy 67 said:

Hi all

as a result of advice on this forum and a bit of research, I’ve just taken delivery of a 17.5mm Morpheus eyepiece and what a well presented eyepiece it is!!

One question though.. can anyone tell me what is the little steel object in the box, looks like a little tab like object, what is it’s purpose? It’s not mentioned in the enclosed booklet 

Excellent choice. You won't be sorry. Enjoy.

Glen.

• Like 1

First off, who would keep their eyepieces in those belt holsters while observing?  It just seems like a really bad idea.  Maybe a pack large enough to hold several at once, but individually?

Just now, Louis D said:

First off, who would keep their eyepieces in those belt holsters while observing?  It just seems like a really bad idea.  Maybe a pack large enough to hold several at once, but individually?

So you don’t like the idea of 6 yellow pouches around your waist?? Could be quite fetching....

• Haha 2

All my Morpheii made it into my EP box and there they will stay with all the fetching accessories in the boxes they were sent in.

NB.  Not that our sponsors take note of what we are discussing, but I've just noticed FLO are doing a sale on these EPs.

7 hours ago, Jiggy 67 said:

So you don’t like the idea of 6 yellow pouches around your waist?? Could be quite fetching....

I do work with a guy in his 60s who keeps a flashlight, his phone, and a Leatherman tool in pouches on his belt.  He's always having to fix things at unexpected times in unexpected places.  I kid him he has the beginnings of being Batman.

Undoubtedly things on belts are useful.  I have a tool belt and I couldn't put all my fencing up without it, i also carry a SAK in a pouch and a multi-tool in one too.  I often find a bag useful for putting the EP's I am using into while I am out and I am very tempted to try the little pouches I just wonder how fiddly they would be, I think it would also be necessary to remove the dust caps before going outside as well. 

Edited by JOC

20 hours ago, JOC said:

Undoubtedly things on belts are useful.  I have a tool belt and I couldn't put all my fencing up without it, i also carry a SAK in a pouch and a multi-tool in one too.  I often find a bag useful for putting the EP's I am using into while I am out and I am very tempted to try the little pouches I just wonder how fiddly they would be, I think it would also be necessary to remove the dust caps before going outside as well. 

The eyepieces fit in the pouches with eyecaps on.  You might not want to uncap them in a case or a pouch lest the lenses get scratched.

2 hours ago, Don Pensack said:

The eyepieces fit in the pouches with eyecaps on.  You might not want to uncap them in a case or a pouch lest the lenses get scratched.

I would have expected that, but am I the only one finds that the eyecaps are the most fiddly part of using the EP's of any type.  It would almost be better if they could invent a sliding cover or something that could stay attached.  In the dark constantly trying things out removing these plastic caps then not finding them again until you clear up the next day.  They are the most infuriating things - if you had them on the Morpheii in the pouches then even if you dropped them back into the pouches you would stil have the fiddly issue of getting them back out later one.