Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

stargazine_ep3_banner.thumb.jpg.5533fb830ae914798f4dbbdd2c8a5853.jpg

13 hours ago, jetstream said:

Thanks Don, good to know and I'm pleased with their weight. Also good info on the Vixen SSW- I wonder how they work at f4.1 with the PCII?

The SSWs should be OK.  Just be aware of the fact they have a lot more spherical aberration of the exit pupil than the Type 6 Naglers, which are their direct competitors.

And slightly less well corrected for lateral field astigmatism than the Naglers, though this varies across the line.  There is a good review of the SSWs here on SL.

Over here in the US, the SSWs are actually more expensive than the Naglers, but that may be different in the UK.

• Like 1

On 03/04/2020 at 16:27, jetstream said:

Did you measure it Don? Out of curiosity how much astig shows in the Vixen SSW? I'm looking at those as well but...

For what its worth I did a report on the SSW's a while back Gerry:

https://stargazerslounge.com/topic/255080-vixen-ssw-ultra-wide-angle-eyepieces-review/

Gosh - where did those 5 years go ! :shocked:

• Like 1