Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Plato craterlets tonight?

Stu

I could get A to D solidly with moments of E and possibly the one directly opposite E at the other side of the crater in the best moments. Didnt spend long with the eye piece though as was mostly imaging. I find that orthos excel at this task. Was using my 6mm BCO for x270 (was tracking though which made it easier!)

• Like 1

On 02/04/2020 at 22:59, markse68 said:

Did anyone else notice the face peaking out of a crater? 

9BB59E14-2818-44D0-B98B-9E4FCEAC9C9E.jpeg

Which one?  I see three creepy faces, (yellow arrows), and a Gecko  (red arrow).

1019154047_2020-04-0408_13_27.png.4c3bda4e4cebe94be7797708219da8b2.png

Edited by mikeDnight
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

As usual I found the Pentax XW's excellent for lunar observing. The 5mm and 3.5mm are so sharp :smiley:

When I had the 3.7 amd 4.7mm Ethos SX's I compared them to the XW's over a few months but in the end had to conclude that the XW's were the sharpest even in the centre of the field of view. There was not much in it but despite my love of hyper-wide views, the Ethos SX's went to new homes eventually.

Just now, John said:

As usual I found the Pentax XW's excellent for lunar observing. The 5mm and 3.5mm are so sharp :smiley:

Good stuff John. Must revisit the Pentax XWs at some stage. For some reason I didn’t take to them when I had them before but I know they are excellent and very sharp eyepieces.

I’m a bit frustrated I missed the Craterlets party!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, John said:

When I had the 3.7 amd 4.7mm Ethos SX's I compared them to the XW's over a few months but in the end had to conclude that the XW's were the sharpest even in the centre of the field of view. There was not much in it but despite my love of hyper-wide views, the Ethos SX's went to new homes eventually.

I’m finding I see more craterlets with my 4.8 nag T1 than my xw 3.5 but that is probably just because the image is dimmer and less contrasts in the xw. I don’t have the xw5 to compare.