Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

New binocs , problem?

Cheychi

Ok so the new binocs arrived this morning.

One issue I'm having is that when viewing if I move my eyes whilst looking through them I see what looks like black disc shapes moving in the view from either side, depending on eye movement.

Any ideas anyone?

Sounds like the infamous "kidney bean" effect, usually caused by not having your eyes accurately on the exit pupils.  Takes a bit of practice to get it right and some eyepieces are more prone than others.   😀 

5 minutes ago, Peter Drew said:

Sounds like the infamous "kidney bean" effect, usually caused by not having your eyes accurately on the exit pupils.  Takes a bit of practice to get it right and some eyepieces are more prone than others.   😀 

That's a new one on me peter but makes sense

😁

Try varying the clearance between your eyes and the eyepieces, you should be able to find an optimum position.  If the eyepieces have twist up/down facility this helps to keep your eyes in the right place.     🙂

3 minutes ago, Peter Drew said:

Try varying the clearance between your eyes and the eyepieces, you should be able to find an optimum position.  If the eyepieces have twist up/down facility this helps to keep your eyes in the right place.     🙂

16 minutes ago, Stormbringer said:

what make and size bins are they ?

They're 20x80s

you may find resting your eyebrows on the eye cups so you can get your pupils a bit further back and braced helps. I have a pair of binoculars that I am sure I will love when I am old and need to wear glasses, but currently frustrate me a lot as it’s hard to find the optimum eye spacing so I see the full field most easily.

Even when things are adjusted well you may find you still get blackouts when looking to the left/right hand side, your pupils are not now lines up with the exit pupils, nothing you can do about this.

hope you find a way to get them working

peter