SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

M64 (Black Eye Galaxy) LRGB - 22 March 2020

geoflewis

Another of the Virgo galaxies that I captured in the run of clear nights last week, Messier 64 the Black Eye Galaxy. The image which was captured through my C14 using my QSI583wsg-5 and Astronomic LRGB filters, comprises just under 6 hours total integration L=18x10m, RGB=11x5m each.

M64_LRGB_IPv2.thumb.jpg.0efe9df03da6488073c66c4fb9e57c44.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Edited by geoflewis
  • Like 9

3 minutes ago, bob-c said:

Another nice pic Geof. i am processing mine aswell. Had a good run at the galaxies this March.

Bob.

Thanks Bob, yes, me too. I've been meaning to work through the Leo and Virgo Messier galaxies for a few years as I had a lot of gaps there in my Messier collection. For a variety of reasons never seem to get it done, so this year it was good to have a decent run of clear moonless nights and pick one off each night. I decided that 5-6 hours per galaxy would give me something reasonable on several targets, rather than maxing out the data on a single target. I still have a couple more to process so something to do now that Moon / cloud / lighter nights will prevent me getting many, if any, more this year.

I look forward to seeing your versions.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, geoflewis said:

Thanks Bob, yes, me too. I've been meaning to work through the Leo and Virgo Messier galaxies for a few years as I had a lot of gaps there in my Messier collection. For a variety of reasons never seem to get it done, so this year it was good to have a decent run of clear moonless nights and pick one off each night. I decided that 5-6 hours per galaxy would give me something reasonable on several targets, rather than maxing out the data on a single target. I still have a couple more to process so something to do now that Moon / cloud / lighter nights will prevent me getting many, if any, more this year.

I look forward to seeing your versions.

I have managed four galaxies this month , along with a couple of comets on  the nights i have imaged. will be posting a couple soon. 

• Like 1