Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

M106

Tzetze

With a lucky streak in the weather lately, was able to complete a few datasets. One of which was M106, started back in January.
I've learned quite a bit more about this LRGB processing (particularly, the LRGB combination stage) from some tips kindly provided here following my last processing attempts a few months ago. These pointers have helped immensely in processing this image.

I'm sure this image can be further improved and would be very glad to receive any pointers.

The (Pixinsight) processing steps performed so far, after stacking and performing DBE on the separate LRGB images;

Lum: Deconvolution, Multiscale Linear Transform (mainly detail enhancement with minor noise reduction), Histogram Transformation, HDR Multiscale Transform, Local Histogram Equalisation, (slight) Curves Transformation.
RGB: Channel Combination, Colour Calibration, SCNR, Multiscale Linear Transform (heavy noise reduction), Histogram Transformation.
LRGB Combination, Crop, multiple Curves Transformation iterations.

Image is composed of;
Lum: 22x 900s 1x1
RGB: 15x ea. 225s 2x2
Taken through a 10" Newt on EQ8 mount with Atik 460ex and Astrodon LRGB 1.25" E-series filters.

M106_150320_3.thumb.png.bf3a8fbeafbe871bcc1928a03ae28043.png

• Like 16

1 hour ago, cuivenion said:

Amazing image.

45 minutes ago, Ciaran Meier said:

Wow, awesome  !!!  

38 minutes ago, Brian28 said:

That’s very nice .. ..

Thank you all, muchly appreciated.   =]

Lovely.  Personally I'd rotate it anti-clockwise 90 degrees, but that's individual choice.  There are so many other little fuzzy blobs in there though.  Every time I look I find another.

James

2 hours ago, celestron8g8 said:

WOW , great capture and edit !

45 minutes ago, Allinthehead said:

Wonderful image. 

36 minutes ago, Craig a said:

Top draw! 

26 minutes ago, Erling G-P said:

Gorgeous!! 

Best image I've seen of this so far!  Love the colours.

24 minutes ago, JamesF said:

Lovely.  Personally I'd rotate it anti-clockwise 90 degrees, but that's individual choice.  There are so many other little fuzzy blobs in there though.  Every time I look I find another.

James

Thank you all very much for the kind comments. 
James, I struggled over how to frame the target and considered a few options. I tend to prefer a North-mostly-up orientation and try to work something with that aspect. The oblique angles, unorthodox leaning/framing seems to work for me.   =]