Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Heart Nebula - Narrowband

Z3roCool

Hi there, another attempt at my Heart Nebula data in Narrowband. Think I need a lot more data in OIII & SII as seem very week (In know it gets swamped by Ha but almost no data in an hour and a half of subs).

Anyway. this is taken with my an ASI 1600 MM Pro and Canon 400mm camera lens.

Ha - 1.5 hours

OIII - 1 Hour

SII - 1 Hour

Any feedback much welcomed :) 

Thanks for looking.

Heart_MAIN-3-X4.jpg

• Like 17

Love them both but starless looks amazing. Might I ask, how do you achieve focusing in NB? I never found a bhatinov for my camera lens but I'd love to do some widefield stuff like this in NB, I've got the same camera as you.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Notty said:

Love them both but starless looks amazing. Might I ask, how do you achieve focusing in NB? I never found a bhatinov for my camera lens but I'd love to do some widefield stuff like this in NB, I've got the same camera as you.

Hi there, thanks. Focussing in Narrowband is a little hard. I usd to find using FWHM whn using my DSLR really worked well. The 1600 seems a lot harder with the camera lens. I use APT and the focussing aid. Sometimes it works really well and get dial down to a low figure and looks great but other times it fluctuates and have to guess the best.

I use the 1.25" LRGB and NB filters and they are all slightly different focus points so have to re-focus between filters,

I have found a focusser by Astromechanics which works with ASCOM and allows you to Auto Focus with APT (I ask the company to confirm). I have heard good things about how it focusses also. You can also control the aperture of the lens.

Tommy.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, alan potts said:

Jolly nice shot you have taken there, I don't normally like starless shots at all, but this one just works well, thanks for posting,

Alan

Thanks Alan. Most kind.

• Like 1