Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

M63 sunflower galaxy(my first post on this forum)

Craig a

Hello everybody I’ve just joined this wonderful forum so I thought what better way to celebrate than post my first image on here😁

taken last week when we had our lovely run of clear moonless nights here on the wirral, I only image with a modded 1100d but it does ok for a entry level dslr, my scope is a skywatcher Quattro 10cf on a belt modded neq6 that I installed myself, this image is just over 9 hours of 3min subs totalling 187 subs making it the longest time I’ve spent on a single object, no filter was used I found lp filters mess up the colour of stars and galaxies so I ditched it, gradients are a problem as a consequence but carefull use of gradient xterminator gets rid of most of it, 

thanks for looking 

get.jpg?insecure

• Like 15

20 minutes ago, FranckiM06 said:

It is very nice image with lot of details but the saturation is too high

Thanks for commenting, I like lots of colour in Astro images some may find it abit over the top but hey ho it’s all personal preference 🙂