Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

M106 best of a bad situation

Star101

I decided to use my focal reducer on Friday night to fit M106 into the FOV. I didn't think much of it at the time. When I came to process, I realised the issues I have with the focal reducer. Its fogs up!!

Next time I will try the heat strap.

I spent the last few hours trying all tricks to reduce the vignetting effects and finally gave up as a bad job.

Here's the result of the beginning and final product. ....I'm isolating and bored lol....What you expect ! 😜

M106 origine.jpg

M106 post proc lost colour.jpg

I did not bother trying to use the Ha :(

image.png.dcae4c84df7f846c7e5301ea1ca3f8fc.png

Edited by Star101
  • Like 4

Funny,  I was thinking about one of these just a moment ago.  Would it be correct to say that a reducer will lower the given magnification for a given EP. I was considering perhaps getting one as opposed to a longer focal length EP to slightly increase my FOV and possibly give me a more "contrasty" image.  Kind of a negative Barlow effect.  (Visual use only).  

Cheers

Ciaran. 

1 minute ago, Ciaran Meier said:

Funny,  I was thinking about one of these just a moment ago.  Would it be correct to say that a reducer will lower the given magnification for a given EP. I was considering perhaps getting one as opposed to a longer focal length EP to slightly increase my FOV and possibly give me a more "contrasty" image.  Kind of a negative Barlow effect.  (Visual use only).  

Cheers

Ciaran. 

A focal reducer does exactly that. In my case, reduces the C11 2800mm FL down to 1780mm.

• Thanks 1