sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_31.thumb.jpg.b7a41d6a0fa4e315f57ea3e240acf140.jpg

COMPLETED - SOLD Omegon Mount Mini Track LX2 Camera mount for Astrophotography SOLD

12 weeks of “Lock Down” with only the garden or the veranda for you outdoors, what about investing eighty quid in then little gem and get started on some real astro-photography, and get yourself some incredible images of, among other things, our Milky Way.

The Mini Track LX2 is a small camera tracker that provides 60 minutes of tracking time. It was developed by Italian astrophotographer Christian Fattinnanzi and is distributed by Omegon. The device stands out among the other available sky trackers, since it is driven by a mechanical clock that needs no electrical power source. Besides that, it brings another innovation: To compensate for the camera weight, it features a spring mechanism that helps to stabilize the tracking rate.

Omegon Mount Mini Track LX2 cost                              £129

Ball Head: cost                                                                £ 30

Omegon Polar Finder bracket Mini Track LX2  cost      £ 14.99

Lazer Pointer (Cannot remember what it cost!)

TOTAL COST ME MORE THAN                                       £173.99

Prices quoted above are from astroshop.de where I bought the item in March 2019.

All in perfect conditions and original box for the                 Omegon Mount Mini Track LX2.

PLEASE NOTE IT DOESN’T INCLUDE THE BALL HEAD ON THE TOP OF THE TRIPOD – OR, OF COURSE, MY CAMERA!

The lot for £80 plus a tenner for postage and packing!    

XT2A4662 (Medium).JPG

XT202143 (Medium).JPG

XT202144 (Medium).JPG

XT202145 (Medium).JPG

XT202146 (Medium).JPG

Edited by Geoffw
Item sold

Hi, I'm interested in the mini mount. I'd like to get a bit more information about it please.

How have you found it in use and why are you letting it go?

Also, what's the power of the laser pointer? The authorities take a dim view of lasers pointing into the sky unless it's low enough powered.

Thanks

Thank you for your interest in my LX2.  I can offer you two links to details about the device.  the first is a very comprehensive and detailed review.  It is a German site but Chrome will translate it.   The 2nd link to to where I bought it.  You can download a lot f documents including the user manual.

https://sternenhimmel-fotografieren.de/test-erfahrungsbericht-beschreibung-omegon-mini-track-lx2/

https://www.astroshop.de/fotomontierungen/omegon-montierung-mini-track-lx2-set/p,56106#tab_bar_4_select

As for the laser pointer.  it is up to you whether you use it.  The mini-tracker has a funny little polar guide that you have to peep through.  If you are in your seventies like me you find that difficult.  I am in a rather remote area and use it sparingly -you only need it to set up your camera at the start of a session.

As for why I'm selling it,  well I don't really think it is anyone's business.  What I'm offering is complete and in good working order.  All you need to know to set it up is where Polaris is! 

Anyway I will tell you, it is to buy the LX2's new big brother the new LX3.  

spacer.png

Omegon Mount Mini Track LX2, Fujifilm X-T2, 55-200mm lens, aperture 5.6 ISO 800. Twenty images @ 60 seconds Stacked with Deepskystacker

Edited by Geoffw