stargazine_ep34_banner.thumb.jpg.28dd32d9305c7de9b6591e6bf6600b27.jpg

Hi, my current telescope is Celestron ExploraScope 70AZ, thinking upgrade to skywatcher heritage 130P(came with 25mm ajd 10mm EP) ,  if i do, can i use the eyepiece (4mm) and x3 barlow from my old celestron on the 130P?

One more question, i ordered a eyepiece camera Svbony SV105, i wonder what is magnification of this camera and how it work to change magnification. 

As long as the eyepiece (4mm) and x3 barlow are 1.25" then "yes it will" - but it will be too much magnification with the 4mm e/p' & barlow combined. With the 10mm & barlow combined; it maybe doable. The higher the magnification, you start loose contrast and the finer details of the object you are viewing when focussed, which you is what you do not need. Aperture of the 'scope is king; not the focal length of the eyepiece.  As a guide, 50x per inch/25mm of aperture of the 'scope is normally the sweet-spot.

Not sure about the camera though... sorry! - most budget astro-cameras are equal to what you will see when viewing through the 'scope with your eyes and a 6mm e/p.

Edited by Philip R
  • Thanks 1
6 hours ago, MrGuGuZai said:

Hi, my current telescope is Celestron ExploraScope 70AZ, thinking upgrade to skywatcher heritage 130P(came with 25mm ajd 10mm EP) ,  if i do, can i use the eyepiece (4mm) and x3 barlow from my old celestron on the 130P?

One more question, i ordered a eyepiece camera Svbony SV105, i wonder what is magnification of this camera and how it work to change magnification. 

The term "magnification" doesn't apply to imaging. You can find the field of view of the telescope/camera combination by using this field of view calculator. You will need to find out the dimensions of the sensor and pixel size for your camera because it isn't listed.

The specifications from Amazon

Specification
Sensor:1/3" CMOS OV2710
Pixel size:3μm
Resolution:2 mega pixels 1920x1080

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Cornelius Varley said:

The term "magnification" doesn't apply to imaging. You can find the field of view of the telescope/camera combination by using this field of view calculator. You will need to find out the dimensions of the sensor and pixel size for your camera because it isn't listed.

The specifications from Amazon

Specification
Sensor:1/3" CMOS OV2710
Pixel size:3μm
Resolution:2 mega pixels 1920x1080

i just contact the manufacturer, they told me this eyepiece camera is equivalent to 4mm EP

6 hours ago, Philip R said:

As long as the eyepiece (4mm) and x3 barlow are 1.25" then "yes it will" - but it will be too much magnification with the 4mm e/p' & barlow combined. With the 10mm & barlow combined; it maybe doable. The higher the magnification, you start loose contrast and the finer details of the object you are viewing when focussed, which you is what you do not need. Aperture of the 'scope is king; not the focal length of the eyepiece.  As a guide, 50x per inch/25mm of aperture of the 'scope is normally the sweet-spot.

Not sure about the camera though... sorry! - most budget astro-cameras are equal to what you will see when viewing through the 'scope with your eyes and a 6mm e/p.

Stay safe! 😷

i quite worry, because my frend uses a EP from other telescope and the focuser could not focus the object. 

7 minutes ago, MrGuGuZai said:

i just contact the manufacturer, they told me this eyepiece camera is equivalent to 4mm EP

Below is the results of the field of view calculator. The red rectangle is the field of view of the camera and the yellow circle the same for a 4mm uwa eyepiece. An eyepiece with a narrower field of view will have a smaller circle.

1260324890_astronomy_tools_fov(2).png.d9af5dcd1ac47040ec6ace35f7ea2377.png

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Rchurt
      Hello,

I recently purchased my first telescope and camera, and now I want to make sure I have the correct Barlow or reducer to couple them together to achieve Nyquist sampling on the camera (or slight over-sampling). In case it’s important, I’m interested in planetary imaging—in theory that shouldn’t matter for this sampling question, but maybe there are other considerations to take into account.

I used this calculator (https://astronomy.tools/calculators/ccd_suitability) and plugged in my info:
      Telescope: Celestron 8 SE
      Camera: ZWO ASI462MC
      Seeing: experimented with this one, but would like to get optics that allow for poor or very poor
      Binning: prefer 1x1 to preserve spatial resolution, but could consider higher if SNR is a problem

I’ve seen on several forum posts that people often use a 2x Barlow to couple the two. However, according to this calculator, that will always lead to over-sampling. If anything, it says I should use no intermediate optics or even a reducer.

So my questions are:

Binning: Will I be able to see anything with 1x1 binning, or should I expect to need to bin to collect enough light?

Is there some other consideration that’s more important here than achieving correct sampling? It seems like most others are over-sampling, and perhaps there’s a good reason for this. If so, is there another formula that would let me determine the appropriate optics to buy?

Thanks in advance for any help!
    • By JemC
      Hi all,
      Not sure which section to put this in? getting started or cameras, (Mods please move if necessary)
      Need a little help/advice/recommendations,
      I have been away from my telescope/astrophotography for about 2 maybe 3 years, i kind of lost the mojo for it, but now looking to get back to it,  So i'm looking for camera advice/help,
      Previously i only ever used a DSLR for astrophotography, however i am thinking do i stick with that or do i get something different? I know there will be a learning curve with new camera setup,
      My area of interest is/would be Nebulae and Galaxies,i know there is no one camera fits all kind of thing, so Nebulae would be my main interest with Galaxies coming 2nd.
      My current scope is the (Older Blue Model) Sky-Watcher Evostar 80 DS-PRO ED, so with that in mind what would be a good camera to pair that with, colour or mono i'm not fussed really,
      My budget for new/2nd hand camera is £700 but could maybe stretch to £800.
      Any help/advice (good or bad) will be greatly appreciated. 
      Regards
      JemC
    • By 3rkunt
      Hello,

I am pretty new to this forum. Well, have been following it for quite a while but this is the first time I am writing something.

I am selling my ASI 1600MM Pro that I bought from FLO on February 2020. It has been a great camera, and even with my Celestron NexStar 8SE scope and Bortle Class 8, it gave me great results. It doesn't have any mechanical or other problem, the reason I am selling this is to move to a new camera

Let me know if you are interested in.

The price I have in my mind is £1000.

Here are some pictures I took with this camera ;

• By billyb93
      I currently have a Canon T6 with a Opteka 500mm f8 lens ($87) that I use for lunar and solar photography. I recently purchased a full frame Canon EOS R and am thinking about getting a 800mm f11 Canon RF lens ($899). Will the quality on the new canon lens be significantly better than my Opteka lens? Is it worth the upgrade? Also, should I use my new full frame or my crop sensor (1.6 factor) to shoot? I want to get the best quality possible. 
    • By pblackwell
      Hi everyone,
      What camera would you recommend to use with my Celestron SCT 9.25” ?
      I would prefer a proper astrophotography camera rather than a DSLR.
      I already have a focal reducer and would mostly want deep sky if possible (although my telescope may be too high mag for that), but would also enjoy planetary.
      Any advice would be great guys.
      Many thanks!
      Paul

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.