Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Our Martian Moon

Sunshine

Our Martian moon, I figured this would arouse some curiosity, a short while ago I was having  a joyous time observing the moon. Earth shine was so prominent I could easily make out a wealth of detail within it. Observing with my 115 Eon, my fav eyepiece by far for lunar is the Baader Morpheus 9mm, with a magnification of 88x,  72 degree FOV and, very comfortable eye relief, it is a very pleasant eyepiece for lunar. The last time I recall observing a waxing crescent moon, seeing was terrible but, tonight it is average to good, allowing for some truly fine views. I decided to use my phone adapter for some shots, it barely fits my eyepieces and required some rigging but it worked.

If you’re wondering why I used the title “Our Martian Moon” well, I was playing with the image in my phone and, I decided to use a tone which made it look like Mars. Just some toying as I have seen others do with lunar images. Tonight is a clear and beautiful night, I am settled onto my back porch and will soon make some tea, tonight will be special. Discovering this new scope and, for a short while forgetting the fact that I am a prisoner in my home. Tomorrow is a new day, I will have fun writing a report on my adventures tonight, I hope all of you can enjoy the sky tonight.

7EEF522C-B054-45D0-A885-91F0F4AAC676.jpeg

1D35A09C-E874-4E52-BEA9-937F2CA79595.jpeg

• Like 10