Narrowband

Waiting for .....................Sextans.

cotterless45

Wow ! A run of clear skies, silver lining on this dreadful dangerous cloud that covers us all. Nice to leave the mount out covered up. Sky got a bit milky by midnight so packed in. More clear skies coming for middle England. 

Tried and tried for galaxies , but just smudges with our light pollution. Most awful was NGC 4449. This is one that really resolved with a galactic halo and dust lane in dark skies.

Just smudges from the Virgo , Coma Berenices and Leo galaxies, although M51 did give two faint cores.Better luck with M53 and M3. About x90 and some resolution.

But what a surprise with binary stars, don't think I've had a finer night for ages. Stars were beautifully coloured with a 4" aperture mask and really tight lovely diffraction discs. A 10mm old school Vixen SP gave absolutely jaw dropping views.

Ursa Major.h2682 and a beautiful triple with the third element clearly visible. "Alula Australis" (53 UMa) and a really bright pair . 65 UMa and a wonderful view of the split secondary. Σ1559 and a jaw dropping view of this teeny faint companion.

Sextans. Now beneath Leo is Sextans home of a couple of specials, 35 and 40 Sextantis.

Packing up, I heard familiar rustling , our hedgehog was back and heading for a few treats that we'd put out.

Stay safe , Nick.IMG_7546.thumb.JPG.b1b2b596bff36df5c4ea938eb4b72368.JPGIMG_7547.thumb.JPG.4165ff7827ca346b342d51fede6986a3.JPG

Edited by cotterless45
  • Like 6

Cracking list there Nick I will copy some of them, laid up cannot even put my socks on pain is horrendous not been bed since got home napping in a chair best I can do.

First couple of clear nights and I cannot get out really hissed off.