Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Recommended me an eyepiece for Atlas.

I basically image almost exclusively. I use a esprit 100, 550mm focal length. Could those in the know recommend me a budget friendly eyepiece (<£150) to observe comet atlas should it become as bright as hoped in late April? 

Ideally from a UK retailer such as FLO or RVO.

Cheers,

Adam

A zoom might be useful - gives you options to find out just what magnification works best each session as the comet changes in brightness and apparent size. The Baader 8-24 zoom is pretty good but your would need to find a used one to stick to your budget.

31 minutes ago, John said:

A zoom might be useful - gives you options to find out just what magnification works best each session as the comet changes in brightness and apparent size. The Baader 8-24 zoom is pretty good but your would need to find a used one to stick to your budget.

Agree with @John about the Baader zoom. I don't actually own the Baader; but I have tried it, (i.e. the mklll), and surprised me how lightweight it was even with the 1.25"-2" nosepiece adaptor attached.

I currently have two zooms. One is the TeleVue Nagler 3-6mm and the other one is an unbranded 7-21mm via astroboot.