Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

1000D first light

ollypenrice

This is a first go with our new 1000D, unmodded. Good fun aren't they. 3 x 9 mins with a single dark subtracted. Barnard's Loop was just visible till I dropped the background level, so Santa will have to come again with a modded DSLR as well. No sign of him so far today...

This is a crop of about half the full frame taken with the standard cheapo zoom stopped to f 5.3 and ISO 800. The full frame is sharp to the edge so I'm impressed. Very low noise levels too and the liveview was all I used to find focus. The only star that showed was Sirius so I used that. Yes, I like this and will try a reflection nebula when I have read all the manual. Darned thing is in French, which I speak but the language of photography is a little specialized!

Cheers,

Olly.

post-15040-133877351757_thumb.jpg

Jamie, I think you'll be surprised as regards tracking. The tolerance of error is immense if you are using a short focal length. My big advantage is light pollution - or the lack of it- not any virtue in the LX200's tracking, which is nothing special by photographic standards.

Anyway I love the camera and am itching to try it on the garden birds, too, through a small scope.

Have fun,

Olly.

Hi Olly... flame an HHN in there as well :(

I first lighted a 1000D tonight as well as part of a guided multi DSLR setup...only got a few subs before cloud rolled in but enough to give me a few ideas for things to look at in the morning before tomorrow night foreacst clear spell...

Billy...

Archived