Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Can I slew telescope to RA/DEC coord from SynScan handset?

It's very convenient that the handset can slew to catalogued targets automatically, but for a lot of pictures I'm trying to frame two objects at once. Is it possible to dial in a specific set of RA/DEC coordinates straight into the SynScan handset so I can reach the same location repeatably? I know people do it with the computers but I can't plug mine in (no adaptor)...

I can't find anything in the menus of my HEQ5-PRO to do this with... Help!

41 minutes ago, lenscap said:

In the Synscan V4 Manual have a look at Section 5.8 User defined objects.

40 minutes ago, carastro said:

Yes, in the handset where you get a menu for choosing named star, scroll down with the arrows until you get to User objects, then enter the co-ordinates.

Carole  

Excellent! Thanks! I don't know what happened to my manual since the kitchen redo in January moved just about everything else in the house too ha.

Thanks again and hope you're all well.

• Like 1

Damn!!!....I never thought of this!! I’ve been slewing around blindly looking for double not in the database when I could have used this function......what’s worse, I knew about it but didn’t think of it!!   😫😫😫

• Haha 2