Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Good GIF Creator?

I want to do a GIF movie of a succession of solar prominences captures. I've done this before but it's extremely arduous lining up all the stills to get as seamless a movie as possible, but there's always flicker etc. I process the images beforehand. Is there a GIF movie maker that lines up the images and creates a seamless movie?

Alexxx

53 minutes ago, Craney said:

Just a long shot.....   could you use  AutoStakert in  solar disk mode to line everything up then put the best frames into....  ezgif.com   ???

Thank you. I can't see solar disk mode in AS2. I used Surface only.

ah!! ... you may be right there..... my bad.      Thinking about it, I was confusing the AS!3  program with PIPP.   

Now  PIPP does have a Solar Disk feature and can generate an animated GIF....   but whether it will do it to the precision of the seamless output you require... I don't know.

Anyway,  I'll shut up and let an expert chip in.

Good luck.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Davey-T said:

I align them in imppg and animate them in P'Shop still get flickering though you can also use Vdub.

Dave

Thanks Dave. I'm still trying to find a tutorial for IMPPG that I understand! Can you help?

1 hour ago, Astrosurf said:

Thanks Dave. I'm still trying to find a tutorial for IMPPG that I understand! Can you help?

Its quite easy really, click on tools in imppg and get this screen

1541635571_imppgaligning.PNG.972f33fe0f8f73e1a1e97975e3a1c563.PNG

Add your images, make a new folder to save them otherwise it all gets a bit muddled then click start processing and it aligns all the images in seconds ( depending how fast your computer is )

It helps to reduce the size of the images before aligning if they're large, speeds up the whole process and doesn't affect the final output.

Dave

• Like 1