Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

NGC 3953 LRGB

Rodd

I was finally able to balance out the RGB subs and collect more lum.  I added 30 300 sec blue subs and 31 300 sec lum subs.  I wanted more lum, but clouds rolled in with about 2 hours of darkness to go.  That always bothers me the most when the forecasts all indicate clear skies throughout the night.  I did not add the 21 300 sec Ha subs I collected becuase it provides almost noHa and adds noise and complcates teh palette.  If I get more time on this, I think I will collect a bunch of Ha.  the signal is there--just very faint.

TOA 130 with ASI 1600

Red 31 300 sec

Green 48 300 sec

Blue 40 300 sec

Lum 66 300 sec

I added the screen stretch version of the image--prior to any non linera prosessing to show you the big draeback of the ASI 1600 sensor.  The bright rays emanating from teh top of the image come from the star Phecda (Y Ura Majoris).  Its the star at the base of the dipper opposite where the handle attaches.  These rays are coming from a star more than 2 FOVs away.  I included this preprocessed image just to show the types of obstacles the ASI 1600 throws at you.  Also, one can get an understanding of my sky magnitude from the screen stretch.  Dealing with this while trying to establish a decent background without clipping the target is one of my most difficult tasks.

LRGB-new-2crop6b.thumb.jpg.bc16309f94dabb60fbf1c9f9eb9730f1.jpg

Full FOV at the start of processing right after channel combination

Test.thumb.jpg.c366426ea0cd0547cef72e76f964c00e.jpg

Edited by Rodd
  • Like 5

57 minutes ago, Rodd said:

I added the screen stretch version of the image--prior to any non linera prosessing to show you the big draeback of the ASI 1600 sensor.  The bright rays emanating from teh top of the image come from the star Phecda (Y Ura Majoris).  Its the star at the base of the dipper opposite where the handle attaches.  These rays are coming from a star more than 2 FOVs away.  I included this preprocessed image just to show the types of obstacles the ASI 1600 throws at you.  Also, one can get an understanding of my sky magnitude from the screen stretch.  Dealing with this while trying to establish a decent background without clipping the target is one of my most difficult tasks.

Are you implying that ASI 1600 sensor is somehow responsible for those rays? I would say it is down to optics rather than chip used to record the image.

1 minute ago, vlaiv said:

Are you implying that ASI 1600 sensor is somehow responsible for those rays? I would say it is down to optics rather than chip used to record the image.

I would disagree, my friend.  I have not seen rays this pronounced before with the same optics

49 minutes ago, Rodd said:

I would disagree, my friend.  I have not seen rays this pronounced before with the same optics

Maybe you did not use sensitive enough camera before on this target / star combination?

2 hours ago, souls33k3r said:

I swear you get better every time Rodd. Perfection is what this is buddy. We're you able to figure out what those fuzzy blobs were at 2 and 7 o'clock? 

Thanks souls. I haven’t looked into it. I am sure they are satallite dwarf galaxies though, like the Magellanic cloud.   Don’t think they are in our galaxy.  Could be wrong though

• Like 1