Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Father Christmas has come early

Ford Prefect

Hi everyone

I'd like to introduce you to Matilda :D Skywatcher MakNewt on a EQ6, ADM bar, rings. The photo's shows it with my WO72 but that will be replaced with a WO 90 in January. :lol: :lol:

This is in addition to my C8 hyperstar setup which I love but after seeing the images that SteveL was getting with the Maknewt, i just had to have one :bootyshake: I just hope my first light images do it justice as it is a really nice bit of kit.

Just hoping for some clear skies :(

Cheers Jon

post-14336-133877351713_thumb.jpg

post-14336-133877351718_thumb.jpg

post-14336-133877351722_thumb.jpg

I know how happy you feel to have it Jon. I've had mine a couple of weeks, but it is still in pose mode in my computer room.

How come your tube rings are white? did you paint them? :(

I have a great interest in your forthcoming images, although as you said, SteveL had a blistering M42 Courtesy of this scope.

Ron. :D

Ooohhh I am green with envy - that's one serious xmas present you have there.

Do you really name your scopes ?

i know its sad but yes i do name my scopes!!!!! I do get looks from my other half when i say I'm spending a night outside with Matilda :(

Now what i want to see is the C8 quiding @F2 side by side with the Mak Newt :D

Im sure you are going to develop a long term relationship with Matilda , just make sure that your other girls (i presume the other scopes are girls) are not neglected :(

Fingers crossed for first light soon 8)

Mine is all black, but of course the EQ6 is white. I think I will paint spray my focusing mask white, give it a Halloween look. :laughing2: Shades of Hannibal Lecter.

Ron. :(

Ron , Artistic it might be if you do that but for functionality it should be matt black dont want any nasty reflections destroying those nice sharp spikes :D

Billy...

Mine is all black, but of course the EQ6 is white. I think I will paint spray my focusing mask white, give it a Halloween look. :laughing2: Shades of Hannibal Lecter.

Ron. :lol:

Ron , Artistic it might be if you do that but for functionality it should be matt black dont want any nasty reflections destroying those nice sharp spikes :bootyshake:

Billy...

:D I was only having a larf Peter :(...I had already got the satin black for the job. I only hope I can get it on there without fouling up the edges. I will do two or three light sprays from a distance to build a gradual but adequate coating.

Ron. :lol:

I guessed that Ron,

I have just opened up the obs for the first time since 2nd dec :(

Glad it dont leave the scopes in there :D the carpet was soaking and musty so thats come out back to painted concrete floor... I forgot to seal the viewing port when i finished using it last time so its had the best part of 4 weeks of drippng water to get nice and damp in there...

I have got to get it back ship shape for tomorrow and Saturday nights possible viewing opportunity...

Billy...

I guessed that Ron,

I have just opened up the obs for the first time since 2nd dec :D

Glad it dont leave the scopes in there :lol: the carpet was soaking and musty so thats come out back to painted concrete floor... I forgot to seal the viewing port when i finished using it last time so its had the best part of 4 weeks of drippng water to get nice and damp in there...

I have got to get it back ship shape for tomorrow and Saturday nights possible viewing opportunity...

Billy...

Quite a coincidence that Peter. I had a look in my Obs too this morning, just for something to do, as we had a power cut. I thought Oh Gawd!, lots of Xmas Lunches ruined here, but it was off only an hour and a half. Flippin alarms going off all over the Parish.

Anyway I digress. I was amazed at how dry it was inside mine. I have the Meade LX90 on a permanent pier in there. It is covered with a large flannelet sheet, and a waterproof covering too, and it looked perfect. No sign of condensation. We have had some real foul weather here lately, with high winds too, so I opened the door expecting to see damp somewhere, but none, I was chuffed.. The weather has turned fairly mild now, so I hope it keeps up so I can get my warm room annex finished, and get cracking with the reason I'm doing all this.

Here's a couple of pics on the state of play. The rear of the room takes in the garden wall, which I built up, and buttressed, and lined with concrete blocks. The connection to the Obsy, from the brickwork, will be timber work. The rails you see, that carried to obsy sliding roof, will rest on top of the warm room roof.

Ron. :(

11173_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

11174_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

A connecting door will be put between the two.

11177_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

Archived