Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

EQMod Running in Reverse

When I set my location correctly (Toowoomba, Australia), EQMod runs the RA axis in reverse (West to east). This happens whether using the slew commands or the tracking function. To get the RA to move correctly, I need to set my location to North and West (rather than South and East). I've screenshot the EQmod settings below, have I got some setting wrong?? (Port is not available because I just opened EQMod to capture the settings).

image.thumb.png.d7725c3d8d0a3171a0f8a6e815847f4e.png

image.png

Edited by kman42

18 minutes ago, Cornelius Varley said:

Just under the N E W S slew control buttons there is an option to reverse the RA. You have this unchecked.

I remember trying it and it didn't seem to make a difference, but I'll try this again. 

I don't have a handset. I'm running with PHD2 and an ASTROEQ box. 

7 hours ago, alacant said:

Reverse RA does not change tracking. You have no park mode set.

What mode should I set this to? And what about unpark mode? 

7 minutes ago, kman42 said:

I'm running with PHD2 and an ASTROEQ box

Hi kman,

When you run the AstroEQ configuration utility you have the option to set the RA & Dec axes to run in forward or reverse directions to suit the physical arrangement of your motors & gears as explained here;   https://astroeq.co.uk/tutorials.php?link=config

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, lenscap said:

Hi kman,

When you run the AstroEQ configuration utility you have the option to set the RA & Dec axes to run in forward or reverse directions to suit the physical arrangement of your motors & gears as explained here;   https://astroeq.co.uk/tutorials.php?link=config

you beat me to it caught me out as well.

• Like 2

So I went to reconfigure ASTROEQ but when I try to read the code in the Config program, it just hangs on "reading eeprom" and the times out after a while. Similar situation when I try to update firmware - it just cant make contact with the ASTROEQ. I've checked different com ports too... Anybody else get this?? 

Sorry, only just seen this.

Yes, I have had something similar happen. It was a while ago, so memory is a bit hazy, but think it had to do with which version of the firmware updater and/or configuration utility was used.

Perhaps worth downloading the latest version(s) and if that doesn't fix the issue, post a message over on the AstroEQ forum ?