Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Variable HADS star V376 Cam

At least this virus does not stop us going into the garden to do some astronomy. This was from last night. 

V376Cam-March2020.jpg.87e48a60d8a282bdf7223205f9e764ba.jpg

Any suggestions about the small dip in readings about half way through. The comparison stars did not show any variation at that time.

Dave

• Like 2

I think you are probably right Andrew. It is too short for an exoplanet and the magnitude drop is too big also. I have tried to confirm that it is local cloud by looking at the light curve of all the nearest stars but none show the dip? Whatever the cause I don't think it is anything to get excited about.

Dave

• Like 1

TESS has observed it for two periods (up to now) and there doesn't appear to be any similar dips.  Unfortunately it wouldn't have been observing when you were, but again would suggest a local cause. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Whirlwind said:

TESS has observed it for two periods (up to now) and there doesn't appear to be any similar dips.  Unfortunately it wouldn't have been observing when you were, but again would suggest a local cause. 

Thanks.  I would agree with that.  I have also observed this star twice now and nothing like that on the first occasion.

Dave