Jump to content

Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

Rodd

NGC 3953 HaLRGB

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

I don't think I am dome with this yet.  My plan was to get 5 hours each of RGB and a bunch of lum and Ha.  But clear nights are few and far between.  I managed to get some subs for all LRGB filters and the Ha filter and threw them together to see how it looked...whether I should contunue to collect data--or move to another target.  I must say the Ha is very faint--this image has 2 hours and its barely visible.  I definitely need more Ha.  Blue as well--I only hae 10 bue subs.  For lumiance I made a superluminnce using all subs--including 31 lum subs.  I  like the way its coming along--even at full resolution its not too bad and has promise--I think I will kep at it.  The longer I look at it--the worse it gets, so i will just post.  I believe I have about 1/2 the data I will end up with, so a lot of room for improvement

TOA 130 with ASI 1600

Red-31 300sec

Green -48 300sec

Blue - 10 300sec

Lum - 31 300sec

Ha - 21 300sec

HaLRGB-2c-crop3.thumb.jpg.0b4ff8c6593d7ac13b20281a7c063ff0.jpg

 

 

 

Edited by Rodd
  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Your processing skills continue to amaze me Rodd. Very nicely done. 

This image is so beautiful for so many reasons. This fov is littered with galaxies all over. Also what's that at 7 o'clock? Cluster? 

Edited by souls33k3r

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, souls33k3r said:

Your processing skills continue to amaze me Rodd. Very nicely done. 

This image is so beautiful for so many reasons. This fov is littered with galaxies all over. Also what's that at 7 o'clock? Cluster? 

Thanks Souls.  This galaxy has a few little satelite bodies.  Not sure what they are--yu can see one at 2:30 as well.  At first I thought they were dirt on my screen--but thy are in other images.

Rodd

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Rodd said:

Thanks Souls.  This galaxy has a few little satelite bodies.  Not sure what they are--yu can see one at 2:30 as well.  At first I thought they were dirt on my screen--but thy are in other images.

Rodd

Yeah I noticed that one too. Try putting it in astrometry.net? Nonetheless if I can have 1% of your processing brain, I'd be a happy bunny matey :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am guessing that you are shooting at x1 (not binned) on the RGB filters. Don't really understand then why you bother with the L filter. I don't do much RGB (as you know) - when when I do, I never now use the L filter.......that's my focus filter for the NB stuff 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Kinch said:

I am guessing that you are shooting at x1 (not binned) on the RGB filters. Don't really understand then why you bother with the L filter. I don't do much RGB (as you know) - when when I do, I never now use the L filter.......that's my focus filter for the NB stuff 🙂

Lum always helps--The L filter is really more than the RGB--there are some gaps.  I find that a good luminace adds a subtle but definite depth and cleanness to the image.  Using RGB to make a luminace is OK--but you really need a lot of subs for that.  But hey--if you dont need the lum....you'll get more images completed!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, souls33k3r said:

Yeah I noticed that one too. Try putting it in astrometry.net? Nonetheless if I can have 1% of your processing brain, I'd be a happy bunny matey :D

I appreciate the kind words.  You are quite capable yourself!

Rodd

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

......I was just wondering........like I said, I don't do much "RGB" images because of the general light pollution. .......so thanks for the reply. (.......but I will still just use the RGB filters I think......I can be a bit lazy at times and in the end I don'tthink the L filter data would do much for my broadband images  🤣)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rodd said:

I appreciate the kind words.  You are quite capable yourself!

Rodd

Stop it now, you're making me blush 😛

Mate, I'll be picking your brains on a few things in private rather than distracting away from the thread if that's OK? Not now but soon :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, souls33k3r said:

Stop it now, you're making me blush 😛

Mate, I'll be picking your brains on a few things in private rather than distracting away from the thread if that's OK? Not now but soon :)

No problem

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Kinch said:

......I was just wondering........like I said, I don't do much "RGB" images because of the general light pollution. .......so thanks for the reply. (.......but I will still just use the RGB filters I think......I can be a bit lazy at times and in the end I don'tthink the L filter data would do much for my broadband images  🤣)

You should test it to be sure.  Next time you do an RGB imagee, take the time to shoot lum and compare with and without.  Ideally you want moe lum than r,g, r b.  Some people say 2x each filter, anf some say lum should equal the RGB data.  My problem is i'll get 2/3 way through the data collectio and then it will be fullMoon and clouds so instead of waiting and getting the appropriate amount of lum, I do what I did here--process prematurely.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

lovely indeed Rodd.The detail in the Galaxy is extraordinary.

Mick.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, astro mick said:

lovely indeed Rodd.The detail in the Galaxy is extraordinary.

Mick.

Thanks Mick.  I was a bit surprised myself considering I didn't think I was anywhere near done collecting data.

Rodd 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Here's a revision that has better internal stars (less artifacts)

 

1845782583_AstrobinLast.thumb.jpg.37ec587bfda2d603f1bdb9ff4a041df9.jpg

Edited by Rodd

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.