Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Surely not another M81/M82? Double Cluster as well to break it up!

geeklee

After not being able to get outside for deep sky AP for most of Jan and Feb I was getting greedy on 8th and 10th of March.  With the moon almost full on both occasions I took the opportunity to try and get a short amount of time on targets I wanted to capture earlier this year.  Although low integration time, I was pleased with how both came out the post-processing factory given the lack of quality control I applied to pre-processing the subs.  Both pre-processed in APP and post processed in PixInsight. 

Equipment - my SW 80ED with ZWO ASI533 camera.

M81 and M82 (77 x 120s)

Apart from some poor fringing on some stars, I was pleased with the outcome for just a couple of hours and have spent a good amount of time afterwards looking over this for extra detail.  While APP was run on mainly automatic, I spent at least the integration time post processing in PI being careful not (I hope)to overdo it.

M81-M82_PI-Proc1.thumb.png.6a4a5ec7688914de8f0d93cf59f0542a.png

Double Cluster (NGC 869 and NGC 884) (120 x 30s)

NGC869-NGC884-PI-Proc2.thumb.png.14114687df4af52764dda703eacb6eff.png

There's a few hours of M51 still floating about too, but I'm not sure what I'll be able to do with that so it can stay on my hard drive for another day.

Further details on Astrobin link in my sig.

Thanks for looking.

• Like 12